During 2015, Amundi Real Estate achieved a total volume of EUR 3.6 billion in transactions in real estate funds and mandates. This doubles the volume of acquisitions/disposals compared to 2014, representing growth of 111%.
Specifically, Amundi Real Estate carried out acquisitions totalling over €3.4 billion through 58 deals totalling more than one million square meters (m2), and sold more than €153 million in assets via 21 deals on behalf of the funds it manages.
While over €2.4 billion was invested in France, almost 30% of acquisitions (in volume) were completed in Europe, notably in Germany, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic. More than 84% of these transactions were in corporate real estate assets (with 79% office property, 18% shops and shopping centres and 3% hotels).
Residential property investments totalled €46 million. These are solely investments made in France, mainly on behalf of Malraux-type real estate investment trusts or REITs.
Amundi Real Estate’s assets under management increased by 39% to €12.9 billion at end December 2015, due to the strong growth in transaction volume in 2015, both in France and internationally.
Examples of acquisitions in 2015:
- Acquisition in September 2015 of a mixed-use office/retail building of 2,075m2 at Parizska 3 - Praha 1 in Prague (Czech Republic). This building, renovated by the seller in 2014 in a neo-Baroque style and is located in Parizska Street, one of the most luxurious shopping streets in Central Europe.
- Acquisition in November 2015 of a 13,561m2 office building at 11 Westferry Circus in London (United Kingdom). Located in Canary Wharf, the building was renovated in 2012.
LVMH Prague – photo: Tomas Maly Westferry Circus (UK) – photo: Edward Hill
- Acquisition in October 2015 of a 23,151m2 office building at 12-22 Europaallee in Frankfurt-am-Main (Germany), the Nord 1 building. Located in the fast-growing Europaviertel area, Nord 1 is a recent building (built in 2010) which was awarded the DGNB Silver Environmental rating in 2011.
Nord 1 – photo: Henning Kreft
Amundi Real Estate is Amundi's management company specialising in developing, structuring and managing property funds for private investors, private banks and their distributors, institutional investors, large companies and real estate professionals. N°1 in terms of fund-raising for SCPI and retail OPCI ( IEIF – February 2015) et N°2 in SCPI and OPCI management in France in terms of asset under management (IEIF – February 2015). Amundi Real Estate has € 12.9bn assets under management*.
Amundi Real Estate is a subsidiary of Amundi Group.
*Pro forma data for Amundi Immobilier at 31 December 2015
Amundi, the leading European asset manager, ranking among the top 10 global players, offers its 100 million clients - retail, institutional and corporate - a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 5,400 employees in 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages more than €1.9 trillion of assets.
Amundi, a trusted partner, working every day in the interest of its clients and society
- Source: IPE “Top 500 Asset Managers” published in June 2022, based on assets under management as at 31/12/2021
- Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
- Amundi data including Lyxor as at 30/06/2022