London, 27 July 2022 – Amundi, the largest European asset manager, announces the launch of Amundi Funds Emerging Markets Equity ESG Improvers (“the Fund”), an actively managed fund that aims to focus on companies demonstrating improving ESG characteristics and exhibiting strong sustainability growth potential. This addition, the first of the range to offer exposure to Emerging Markets, brings the total number of ESG Improvers Funds to six.
The Fund will actively invest in a broad, diversified portfolio of 90-120 global emerging market stocks across capitalisations, focusing on improving sustainable characteristics, by blending ESG and fundamental analysis. In line with the philosophy underpinning the ESG Improvers range since its launch in 2021, the Fund will seek to take a forward-looking view on ESG.Engagement will be a key component with the aim of moving beyond a static data and scoring methodology on ESG, and engaging instead with companies with a lower but improving ESG profile, in order to have a stronger impact on investments and help those companies achieve a higher ESG score.
The Fund will be co-managed by Deirdre Maher, Head of Frontier Markets, and Andrea Salvatori, Senior Portfolio Manager - Head of ESG Strategies Emerging Markets at Amundi.
Amundi’s Emerging Markets team manages over €41 bn of assets under management, adopting a unique cross-asset approach based on the combination of both Fixed Income & Equity teams, in order to capture the full picture of emerging markets investing. We believe this 360° approach enables the investment teams understand the full cost of capital, helping to unearth and generate unique investment opportunities.
As a pioneer in responsible investing, Amundi manages over €834 bn in responsible investment assets with over 13,500 issuers rated with respect to ESG criteria. Amundi’s recognised ESG analysis process will be fully integrated into the investment approach of the Fund.
Yerlan Syzdykov, Head of Emerging Markets at Amundi, said: “Emerging Markets are starting from a lower base with regards to their ESG journey. As ESG themes become more prevalent in developing markets, by combining our cross-asset approach in EM investing, and strong capabilities in engagement with companies, we believe we are offering investors a unique opportunity to generate responsible alpha by having a tangible impact on their investments. We are delighted to add to Amundi’s ESG Improvers concept with this new emerging markets solution.”
The Fund is available within the Amundi Funds SICAV and is currently registered in the following countries: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden.
- ^  IPE Top 500 Asset Managers 31/12/2021
- ^  Funds launched to date within the ESG Improvers range: AF European Equity ESG Improvers, AF Global Equity ESG Improvers, AF Pioneer US Equity ESG improvers, Amundi Funds Global Corporate ESG Improvers Bond, Amundi Funds Pioneer Global High Yield ESG Improvers Bond
- ^  Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss.
- ^  There is no guarantee that ESG considerations will enhance a Fund’s investment strategy or performance. The decision of the investor to invest in the promoted fund should take into account all the characteristics and objectives of the fund.
- ^  Increased ESG scores do not necessarily correlate to increased performance or performance potential.
- ^  Source: Amundi as at 31 March 2022
- ^  Source: Amundi at 31 March 2022
Global Head of Emerging Markets & Co-Head of Emerging markets Fixed Income
Yerlan Syzdykov is the Global Head of Emerging Markets & Co- Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income at Amundi , based in the London office. In this role, he is responsible for leading a highly skilled[...]Read more
UK Press Relations
Head of Press, Corporate & Digital Communications
Fany De Villeneuve
UK - International Press Relations
Amundi, the leading European asset manager, ranking among the top 10 global players, offers its 100 million clients - retail, institutional and corporate - a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 5,300 employees in 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages more than €2.0 trillion of assets.
Amundi, a trusted partner, working every day in the interest of its clients and society
- Source: IPE “Top 500 Asset Managers” published in June 2021, based on assets under management as at 31/12/2020
- Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
- Amundi data including Lyxor as at 31/03/2022